Imagine the feeling when you exit from a salon with that gorgeous shade of brunette on your tresses! You are on cloud 9 that time because your colored hair makes you feel and look so beautiful. As time passes, this feeling fades and you are left with dull looking hair. Well, this doesn’t have to be that way. There are lots of tricks and tips that can let you fully enjoy freshly tinted locks for much longer period.
Yes, you read that right! Now you can take the fate of that color on your hair in your own hands. For this, you have to follow some tricks given below:
- Stick to a Smart Shower Routine: One of the biggest reasons behind fading of hair color is water. Although it is not possible to avoid it completely, one can control the damage caused by it. Do not wash your freshly done hair. Also, never take a hot shower. If you are using warm water, make sure it’s not too hot. Moreover, it is advisable to add a filter to the shower so as to cut down on the minerals that are harsh on your dye.
- Deep Condition Less: No doubt that deep conditioning is good for your hair, it can also result in color fading. This is because when the conditioner or mask is rinsed, it also takes color molecules with it and this ultimately causes the hair color to fade. To avoid this, deep khadi condition your hair three days before the color treatment. You can also use a bit of conditioner whenever you wash your hair. Just make sure not to leave it on for more than 5 minutes.
- Say ‘No’ to Sun Rays: Harmful UV rays from the sun damage hair just like they do to the skin. The heat from the sun rays not just dries out your hair, but they also lead to color fading. So, it is advisable not to spend much time in the sun. Also, wear a hat or a scarf on your head before going outdoors. You can also go for hair sunscreens!
- Use Sulfate-free Shampoo: Shampoos with sulfates in them strips the hair color, allowing it to fade faster. So, go for hair cleansers that do not have sulfates as well as other chemicals in them. Moreover, there are some natural formulas that not only extend the life of the hair dye, but they also make locks healthy and lustrous. For example – you can cleanse your hair with Khadi Natural Herbal Henna Tulsi Extra Conditioning Shampoo. This is one of the khadi best sulfate free shampoos for color-treated hair. You can also go for Khadi Natural Amla & Bhringraj Shampoo or Khadi Natural Herbal Shikakai Shampoo.
- Swim Wisely: Chlorinated pools are not good for your colored tresses so unless you wear a bathing cap, do not plan to swim.
- Don’t Overuse Hot Tools: Hot tools like straightens, blow dryers etc. speed up color-fading process. So, stay away from these tools especially for the first week of your color treatment. Also, use a good thermal protectant before using such tools.
- Add A Graze: Use an at-home glaze on your hair every other week to boost shine and brightness of the hair color.
These wonderful tips will not only stretch your hair color, but will also save money on those frequent color-treatments!