Nothing feels beautiful than a fresh, new color experience from the salon. You locks look so rich and perfect after a color treatment. But the feeling that those lustrous and soft locks give you fades in just a few short weeks (or even less). Those gorgeous blondes get brassy and beautiful shades of browns don’t look vibrant anymore. Then you spend heavy dollars again for getting a new color-treatment. And this goes on and on…….
Let’s face it – no matter we color our hair ourselves or get it done right at a posh salon, we want our color treated hair to last as long as possible! And all this can happen if we go an extra mile in taking care of those colored locks. Didn’t get us? Wait, we will explain! Friends! With proper care, you can prevent your color-treated hair from getting fade sooner. And to help you in the way, we are here with some great tips. Follow these tips and keep your colored hair looking lovely for a longer period of time:
- Avoid using shampoo right after the color-treatment: Do not shampoo your hair just after you get your hair colored. Also, avoid using the shampoo as long as you can. This is because the longer you wait, the better chance the new color will get to settle in. Whenever you wash your locks in water, color molecules from the dye start to escape. This is the reason you lose a bit of color every time you cleanse your hair. So, it is recommended to wait as long as you can post coloring. Moreover make sure not to shampoo very often.
- Choose the right shampoo: As all hair cleansers are not created equal, choose the one that is safe for your hair. Harsh shampoos strip away the color from your hair sooner than you think. So, it is advisable to look for hair shampoos that are gentle. Best is to go for those that are sulfate-free and color-safe. Reason – a shampoo that contains sulfates can easily strip the pigmentation from dyed hair. Well, there are many sulfate-free formulas available in the market today. Go through them and pick the one that satisfies all you needs!
- Tip: The best sulfate free shampoo for color treated hair is Khadi Natural Herbal Henna Tulsi Extra Conditioning Shampoo. You can also use Khadi Natural Amla & Bhringraj Shampoo to make your color-treated hair look beautiful and vibrant.
- Avoid swimming pools: Most swimming pools have chlorinated water in them which can adversely affect hair, especially the dyed one. So, try to avoid swimming pools. If not possible, buy yourself a swimming cap that can protect your hair from the chemical.
- Avoid the heat: Heat can cause hair color to fade faster so try avoiding those blow dryers, hot rollers and curling irons. If your hair demands styling occasionally, use a protective spray on your hair prior to any heat treatment.
- Stick to a Healthy Diet: Rely on iron-rich protein foods to keep your colored hair looking great. Try consuming fish, meat, eggs, soy and spinach. Also, include nuts, fruits and green veggies in your daily diet.
- Don’t skip regular trims: If your colored locks get frizzy, get them cut or trimmed. This is crucial to prevent frayed ends.